You’ve spent a lot of time making your seasonal home the perfect home away from home. So why not give it the protection and coverage it deserves?

Standard coverage for your seasonal home


This coverage pays for damage done to your home. This is sometimes referred to as your Dwelling Building coverage, it includes any attached structures.


Coverage for any unattached structures such as fences, detached garages, and storage sheds. Sometimes referred to as Detached Structures.

Personal Property

Covers the contents of your house, including furniture, clothing, and appliances, if they are stolen, damaged, or destroyed.


Protects you against financial loss if you are sued and found legally responsible for someone else's injury or property damage.

Voluntary Medical Expense

Covers reasonable medical expenses for people hurt on your property. This coverage is special as it can provide coverage even though you may not be legally liable.

Voluntary Property Damage

Covers property damage that you are responsible for to others’ property, even though you may not be legally liable.

Loss of Use

Pays for additional living expenses if your home is too damaged to live in during repairs. Most standard home insurance coverage pays 10 to 20% of the amount of your dwelling coverage.

Eligibility Requirement

As these seasonal home policies are offered by Scottish & York, you must have a primary residence insured with them as well.

Note: If you want a stand-a-long cottage policy, please contact directly.